Summer is really gearing up now, and everyone is excited to take advantage of the nice weather. No better place to do that than downtown Kingston! Here are five things to do this weekend to really take advantage of all this city has to offer.
- Skeleton Park Arts Festival – Running through ’til Sunday, this annual festival is showcasing some great names this year, including Sloan, Rae Spoon, P.S. I Love You, and more! Check out some great art at the all new Elm Cafe at 303 Montreal Street, take part in some yoga in the park (with jazz accompaniment!) or explore the cardboard kingdom at Boxtopia!
- Get some gelato at Mio Gelato – they’re up with their homemade strawberry gelato made with local strawberries! And don’t forget to try the hazelnut gelato, my favourite!
- Speaking of strawberries, hit up the Kingston Farmer’s Market on Saturday for berries, veggies, local honey, baked goods, artisan products and so much more! Say hi to the lovely folks at the Kitchen Garden for me!
- Ride your bike! – Don’t have one? Don’t worry! Ahoy Rentals has bikes for rent, or if you’re really looking to get into the sport, Frontenac Cycle has bikes for all sizes and budgets. Ride your bike to get lunch at Juniper Cafe, or take it over to Wolfe Island on the MTO run (free!) ferry. No ferry lines for cyclists! Who am I kidding, I should have a whole post dedicated to where to take your bike in Kingston…
- Country music for a great cause – Friday at the Kingston Grand Theatre, check out local talent Abby Stewart, The Abrams, and Rivertown Saints for the Hometown Country Celebration in support of Kids 4 Kids. These performers are sure to put on a great show!
Have a great weekend everyone!